IHS Fasteners Database
IHS Fasteners Database contains Aerospace and Defense industry-standard fasteners and related hardware.
IHS Fasteners Database provides aerospace designers with the information they need to identify fasteners and related hardware that comply with aerospace, military and commercial standards.
It is the industry's first application to integrate searching by industry standard with attribute-based navigation for fasteners specified by:
- Aerospace Industries Association of America, Inc. (AIA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- British Standards Institute (BSI)
- Deutsches Institut für Normung (DIN)
- Defense Logistics Agency (DLA)
IHS Fasteners Database provides single point access to more than 16 million items in 17 categories to make finding the right fastener far more efficient than searching through manufacturers' or suppliers' catalogs.
Fastener Categories Bolts Keys & Seats Posts Spacers Bushings Nuts Rivets Studs Grommets Pins Screws Washers
Designed to be consistent with engineering workflows, IHS Fasteners Database solves challenges that designers face when navigating through flat standards or catalogs.
Because it is based on normalized attributes, users can search by part number, document number or attributes and compare parts side-by-side. Then, with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert, engineers can view the reference standard document without switching application programs.
- Navigate part types, attributes and standards to select the right component as efficiently as possible
- Identify parts with a higher degree of confidence that they comply with applicable industry standards
- Improve part reuse by eliminating redundant new parts into product management systems
- Reduce the risk of sourcing counterfeit parts that can compromise your product's performance
- Implement an industry best practice for selecting critical components