Movement Information from IHS Fairplay enables you to track live ship positions with unrivalled AIS coverage, analyze the risk profiles of ships entering your waters and watch the global flow of energy commodities across the waves.
Track real-time ship movements with unrivalled AIS coverage
IHS maintains the first global Automatic Identification System (AIS) network, AISLive, which provides online access to real-time ship movements and is updated every three minutes every day of the year. It enables you to discover the latest position of every AIS-equipped ship within the areas of shore-based coverage.
In addition to providing live operational support for ship managers and operators and those involved in port-side logistical planning, this information helps individuals who identify, analyze and mitigate maritime threats and provides daily critical insight for energy traders and analysts.
Information provided includes IMO number, MMSI, ship details, ownership, technical manager and commercial operator, images, position (lat/long), course, speed, nearest ports, next port of call, last four port callings and a ship track for the last 24 hours. Ships are tracked right to the berth.
Movement Information from IHS Fairplay pairs high quality data with easy-to-use analysis, workflow and collaboration tools.
When a ship of interest enters your selected trigger area you can receive an email alert advising you of its current AIS position. This can be used for many purposes, including to alert a harbor master that an awaited ship is about to enter port, or to help with maritime domain awareness.
You can also define up to 60 criteria (e.g. vessel age, flag of convenience) to give you a risk profile on each ship.
Who uses our services? How? Shipowners, operators, managers and agents
- Track the real-time position of up to 63,000 ships every day across five continents
Port authorities, operators, and repair, towage and salvage professionals
- Receive email alerts when a ship enters a trigger zone
Charterers and brokers
- Track live ship positions on the move with mobile apps
- Identify sales and marketing leads
Maritime police, regulatory law enforcement agencies
- Articulate the risk profile of a ship, to help identify safety, security, health and welfare risks at sea
Customs, coast guards, border patrol, immigration agencies
Navies, defence and intelligence
Transportation security administrations
Fisheries, agriculture and food inspection
- Share risk analysis results with local, national and international partners and configure email alerts to notify multiple parties
Energy traders & Energy analysts
- Receive information on gas flows between countries, daily changes in destination, port calling history and movement analysis for the LNG fleet.
- Analyze developments within the LNG market.
Movement Information from IHS Fairplay enables you to:
- Gain instant, 24/7 access to the latest data on commercial ships and their movements, owners, operators and managers
- Assess competitors’ ship movements
- Receive data directly from a validated source: IHS Fairplay is the sole global issuing body of the IMO ship, company and registered owner numbering system
- Gain a competitive advantage by using the most accurate, current and comprehensive data available