IHS Fairplay Ship Repair and Maintenance Handbook
How much of your operating budget is consumed by repair and maintenance costs? IHS Fairplay Ship Repair and Maintenance Handbook offers over 400 pages of guidance for onboard and onshore personnel to mitigate costly repair items by using "nuts and bolts" solutions rather than absolute reliance on computer-based systems.
IHS Fairplay Ship Repair and Maintenance Handbook is a comprehensive manual designed to help technicians and safety staff focus on the practical aspect of vessel repair and maintenance, instead of waiting or relying on computer-based systems to detect malfunctions. Onboard and shore-based personnel will learn how to interpret any changes in equipment performance, avoiding expensive breakdowns or even loss of lives. Superintendents will learn the importance of conducting regular inspections and investing in education and spare parts. All forms and checklists contained within the printed manual are downloadable from the guide's accompanying CD-ROM.
IHS Fairplay Ship Repair and Maintenance Handbook key features include:
- Over 400 pages of practical advice
- Easy-to-use format, organized into 15 distinct categories
- CD-ROM with downloadable forms and checklists
Who uses the service? How?
- Marine Superintendents
- Technical and Safety Crew Personnel
- To learn the basics of ship repair and maintenance
- To reduce dependence on costly computer-based systems
- To prevent repair problems before they occur
IHS Fairplay Ship Repair and Maintenance Handbook enables you to:
- Avoid costly ship repairs stemming from over-reliance on computer-based systems to detect malfunctions
- Recognize and repair problems in early stages