Underwriters Laboratories (UL)
More than 1,100 UL standards for safety regarding numerous consumer products.
For more than a century, Underwriters Laboratories® (UL) has tested products and written standards for safety. The independent product safety certification organization evaluates more than 19,000 types of products, components, materials and systems annually with 20 billion UL Marks appearing on 66,000 manufacturers' products each year. Around the world, UL's family of companies and network of service providers includes 68 laboratory, testing and certification facilities serving customers in 102 countries.
UL has developed more than 1,100 standards for safety that are essential to helping ensure public safety and confidence, reduce costs, improve quality and market products and services.
UL standards for safety are comprised of four sections which may also be ordered separately.
- UL Complete with Directories
- UL Non-Electrical
- UL Electrical
- UL Directories - includes the following directories of certified products:
- Building materials directory
- Fire resistance directory
- Plastics recognized component directory
- Recognized component directory
- Security equipment directory