IHS Energy & Carbon Solution
Allowing you to optimise energy use across your operations while reducing your organisation’s carbon footprint.
Global organisations, especially those in high energy-use and high carbon-emitting industries, face rising energy costs today, as well as the risk of future price volatility. Executives are turning to IHS to gain insights into operational performance metrics that will enable them to conserve energy across their heavy asset base and minimise the impact of carbon emissions reporting requirements on their facilities.
The IHS Energy & Carbon Solution addresses a variety of critical challenges including:
- Energy Efficiency Management: Track and analyse energy consumption and utilisation from all sources including the physical asset level, in near real time, at a local facility or enterprise-wide.
- Cost Management: Associate asset utilisation and energy consumption to operational costs by linking to fuel and power pricing, rates and tariffs.
- Asset Performance Optimisation: Identify opportunities for performance optimisation by benchmarking performance across classes of assets at a facility, or enterprise-wide.
- Portfolio and Project Management: Generate energy improvement and carbon abatement curves to support project investment decision-making with companion tools that track project returns on investment based on actual performance.
- Carbon/Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions: Monitor and manage carbon at the asset level, providing complete emissions inventories calculations from the bottom-up. Compare current carbon emissions against those forecasted at the individual asset level, facility, or at any organisational level.
- Strategic Business Support: Configurable role-based dashboards enable tracking of key sustainability performance indicators and time-based metrics at any organisational level. Supports management of change at any business or operational level.
- Internal and External Reporting: Consolidate corporate-wide data for efficient compliance under regulatory and voluntary reporting protocols such as the Carbon Disclosure Project or US EPA’s GHG Mandatory Reporting Rule.