American Nuclear Society (ANS)
Standards for nuclear facility design, engineering, operations, research and regulation from the ANS.
The American Nuclear Society (ANS) has written and approved nearly 150 standards that address design, analysis, and operation of components, systems and facilities involved in or utilizing nuclear technology.
Who Uses ANS standards:
- Regulatory authorities
ANS standards cover topics such as:
- Design criteria for nuclear power stations
- Criticality control of fuel mixtures
- Radioactive dosage criteria
- Concrete radiation shield design
- Accident alarm systems for nuclear plants
- Safety guide for the performance of critical experiments