International Government Consulting
IHS Consulting enables government agencies around the world to meet their most complex challenges. We keep you abreast of change, working with you to formulate, implement and monitor sound, economically, socially and environmentally defensible policy.
IHS consultants work with government agencies worldwide to address environmental issues, investigate alternative sources of revenue, manage risk and formulate sound policy. Our practice draws on IHS collective capabilities, specifically the IHS Global Insight macroeconomic and industry sector analysis, the IHS CERA energy research, the IHS Fairplay maritime intelligence and IHS Jane's security and military intelligence to provide an integrated service—unmatched in its depth and breadth of information, insight, and expertise. Public agencies rely on us to help make critical decisions that improve governmental operations and the delivery of services to their citizens.
Comprised of economists, statisticians, policy analysts and industry experts, our practice forms an extension of your operations to help you answer critical questions.
Who uses our services? How?
Regional government agencies
National government agencies
Municipalities and local governments
Find alternative sources of revenue
Create public policy
Improve government operations and service delivery
Identify and reduce fraud, waste and abuse
IHS Consulting enables you to:
- Quantify the costs and benefits of new or expanded state and local government programs, including job creation, tax revenue increases and public benefits
- Assess the economic development investments required to spawn new industry clusters in your area
- Better understand the characteristics of freight transportation movement in your area and plan an effective emergency response system
- Gain critical insight into how proposed policy changes will affect your jurisdiction
- Identify and prioritize investment opportunities
- Forecast tax revenue based on your jurisdiction's socioeconomic forecasts and revenue-simulation modelling
- Examine alternative energy and bio-fuel sources and the potential of "green" technology applications
- Develop innovative tourism strategies
- Identify waste and abuse in key governmental delivery systems, such as insurance, disability claims and unemployment payments
- Understand and implement regulatory compliance
+1 281 752-3276
Energy & Natural Resources
+1 781 301-9067
Manufacturing & Services
+1 781 301-9317
+1 202 481-9241
Strategy & Planning
+1 713 369-2547
Supply Chain & Operations
+1 904 540-9707
Systems Integration & Technology
+1 303 397-2466
For more information, choose from a selection of IHS webcasts.