Oil and Refining
IHS Energy Consulting draws upon the experience, information and insight of IHS CERA to craft successful solutions for energy professionals around the globe.
We offer what many economic and management consultancies cannot- an extended history exclusively dedicated to the refining business. For more than 25 years, we have served international corporate and public sector clients in all major energy sectors at the global and regional levels. Find out how we can help you formulate timely, successful plans in this rapidly changing industry.
IHS Energy Consulting helps clients formulate profitable, fact-based strategies in the face of rapid change and uncertainty. We have 200 experts to provide comprehensive solutions to downstream-related questions for a broad range of industry participants, as well as governments, investors and end-users. Our approach to delivering in-depth analyses of global crude oil and refined product markets relies on the broad industry experience and capabilities of the IHS CERA research team, combined with extensive IHS-wide information resources and analytical tools. These capabilities enable IHS consultants to provide fully-integrated, consistent analyses of the key elements throughout the global oil supply chain, including product demand, refinery production, and trade - utilizing iterations involving all supply and demand segments to achieve a fully-integrated market balance that is reconciled with prices across the supply chain.
Who uses our services? How?
Integrated oil companies
Independent refining companies
Pipelines, tanker operators and logistics companies
National oil companies
Alternative fuel providers
Evaluate the impact of new technologies
Evaluate refined product market trends, implications of demand growth trends and changing product mix by region
Evaluate impact of risk and uncertainty on investment strategy
Compare strategic investment options involving fuel choice and market location
IHS Energy Consulting enables you to:
- Understand global energy market fundamentals and driving forces to provide a sound basis for gauging possible paths for prices and the key uncertainties facing the downstream sector
- Anticipate the implications for changes in energy prices for investment profitability, as well as opportunities and challenges facing various segments across the supply chain
- Analyze the interactions between energy and markets and assess the effects on regional prices and profits
- Identify the regional and geopolitical factors affecting energy and chemical opportunities and fiscal terms
- Recognize how corporate strategy will be viewed by host governments, prospective partners and other stakeholders
- Weigh how international companies, national companies and host governments can cooperate to optimize production as well as private and public wealth
- Leverage the various expertise of the broader IHS organization in shipping (IHS Fairplay), economy and finance (IHS Global Insight), security (IHS Jane's) and our extensive databases, project evaluation tools and project, negotiation and licensing round support
+1 281 752-3276
Energy & Natural Resources
+1 781 301-9067
Manufacturing & Services
+1 781 301-9317
+1 202 481-9241
Strategy & Planning
+1 713 369-2547
Supply Chain & Operations
+1 904 540-9707
Systems Integration & Technology
+1 303 397-2466
For more information, choose from a selection of IHS webcasts.