Obsolescence, Counterfeit & Environmental Compliance Management
IHS obsolescence, counterfeit and environmental compliance management tools provide up to date information that manufacturers can rely on to identify end-of-life components, quickly find lead-free alternates and avoid at-risk parts and suppliers.
Making the best design and sourcing decisions means staying ahead of critical obsolescence and compliance issues including:
- An unprecedented increase in End of Life (EOL) notices due to economic conditions, environmental concerns and advances in technology
- A growing number of Last Time Buy (LTB) notices and Product Change Notices (PCNs) that now affect 50 parts each on average
- Expanding environmental regulations such as RoHS and REACH that can accelerate the EOL of many components as well as products and markets not subject to regulations
- Diminishing sources of supply that can impact manufacturing logistics and costs
- A growing number of counterfeit and at-risk parts in the supply chain that can affect product quality, performance and environmental compliance
Information is the key to managing obsolescence, compliance and counterfeit risks. Some companies take a case-by-case approach to address issues as they arise and rely on disparate, catalogues or web sites for component and supplier information. They often rely on spreadsheets to manage complex product configurations over lifecycles that can last for decades. However, as products become more complex and sustainment challenges grow, the potential risks of these inefficient practices are spiraling upwards.
IHS offers a range of solutions and services that help reduce risk and costs while improving supply chain efficiency.
- Download the Parts Management Solutions brochure