IHS Energy Infrastructure and Markets Database
Comprehensive oil and gas transport, processing and infrastructure data for opportunity screening, project development and comprehensive business planning
Dramatic developments in the global energy market in recent years have underscored the need for a holistic approach for all stakeholders in the oil and gas chain from the wellhead through to end use markets. While unconventional gas developments in the US reduced the prospects for LNG in North America, the Japanese tsunami and nuclear disaster, brightened prospects for gas fired power generation for the rest of the world and thus the development of “stranded gas” based LNG resources. Massive investment in domestic refining capacity in Asia and the Middle East is rapidly changing crude oil and petroleum product trade patterns. The move to increase the use of renewable energy and reduce import dependence is impacting both the gas, power and refining sectors.
Any meaningful analysis of oil and gas infrastructure must be made in tandem with broader upstream developments. As the top provider of E&P data worldwide, IHS offers a comprehensive Energy Infrastructure and Markets Database that is fully integrated with our upstream data, GIS and analytical products.
To best meet the needs of different customer workflows, modules of the database have been created, with the information subsets tailored to business planning and decision support requirements. These include:
- Midstream Essentials - Facility capacity and ownership details, including new projects, for opportunity screening all along the oil and gas chain, Must have data for E&P New Ventures and Midstream Business Development teams.
- Global Refining - Detailed refinery processing kit major product production capability for each existing refinery and announced projects with an IHS Outlook also provided for likely capacity additions. Fundamental information to gauge future shifts in regional trade pattern, product margins and profitability of refining assets.
- Global Gas & Power - Power plant capacity by unit and fuel type provided within the context of the gas supply infrastructure. Includes comprehensive database of LNG and gas pipeline contracts, critical to assessing gas supply positions and sales opportunities.
- Global Gas Storage - Storage facility details including facility type, working gas and cushion capacity along with the historical profile of storage levels with associated injection and withdrawal rates.
- Global Emissions - Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions history by facility, and for countries with National Allocation Plans, position relative to its allocation. Details on carbon offsets projects for the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) and Joint Implementation Projects (JI) including project economics provided in a database format to facilitate the evaluation of investment opportunities.
- United States Pipeline and Facilities Data - US oil and gas pipeline infrastructure information from the wellhead through to the market level. Critical information to successfully monetizing production in the competitive US market where pipeline access often is a "make or break" project variable, particularly for unconventional resource projects.
- IHS Major Industrial Plant Database (MIPD) - To meet the pressing gas marketing information need of many of our clients, IHS conducts surveys of the energy consumption profile of Over 17,000 US industrial plants on a plant by plant basis. Natural gas and total fuel usage is detailed, including the name of the gas utility servicing the plant and the ability to switch fuels. Contact details are provided for each facility.
The modules can be licensed individually or on an aggregate basis and are available on a worldwide, regional or country subscription. All data is provided in a mappable format and can be accessed with the IHS GIS enabled based browse and query tools.
Europe & Middle East
+44 (0) 1344 328 155
China & Taiwan:
+86 10 65052966
813 5791 9661
All other countries:
+65 6576 5334
+1 888 738-7265 opt 1
+1 918 971-7071 opt 1
For answers to your
questions or for