Maintenance, Repair & Operations Management (MRO)
IHS Intermat helps regulate MRO spending through data cleansing and inventory optimisation, having processed over 50 million material records for more than 2,500 plants in 34 countries.
- Data Cleansing - Standardising and enriching MRO item descriptions
- Catalog Management - Managing item descriptions on an ongoing basis
- Inventory Optimisation - Dynamically adjusting inventory order points (OP), order quantities (OQ) and lead times (LT)
IHS Intermat Solutions optimise and manage MRO item descriptions and inventory.
Asset intensive organisations manage tens of thousands of items - spare parts, materials, chemicals, equipment and supplies - kept in stock to keep their plants and facilities up and running. This MRO inventory can represent as much as 15% of procurement spend and 75% of purchase requisitions.IHS Intermat helps companies optimise their indirect and MRO inventory by:
- Cleansing, standardising and enriching MRO item descriptions using the Standard Modifier Dictionary™ (SMD™)
- Managing item descriptions on an ongoing basis, either by providing catalog management software (Struxure™) or outsourcing daily catalog maintenance directly to IHS Intermat.
- Adjusting inventory Order Points (OP), Order Quantities (OQ), and Lead Times (LT) – using IHS MRO Inventory Optimizer powered by xIO™.