American Bearing Manufacturers Association (ABMA)
ABMA publishes more than 70 documents about the design, manufacture and maintenance of bearings.
The American Bearing Manufacturers Association (ABMA) publishes standards for anti-friction ball and roller bearings and balls. Both the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and/or the International Standards Organization (ISO) approve these standards.
The bearing industry supplies critical components to the following industries:
- Medical Instruments
- Machine Tools
The ABMA standards include guidance for:
- Ball, needle, roller bearings and housings and raceways
- Terminology for antifriction ball and roller bearings and parts
- Methods of measuring roller bearing vibration and noise
- Airframe ball, roller and needle roller bearings inch design
- Spherical plain bearings, joint type
- Antifriction bearing maintenance