European Energy Scenarios
IHS CERA European Energy Scenarios service integrates a wide range of knowledge and experience from across IHS and along the value chain to offer a truly integrated service of unparalleled depth and breadth.
IHS CERA European Energy Scenarios service integrates a wide range of knowledge and experience from across IHS and along the value chain. The service draws on IHS CERA European gas and power research, IHS McCloskey coal intelligence, and IHS Global Insight macroeconomic and industry sector analysis, as well as IHS upstream oil and gas expertise. As a result IHS CERA European Energy Scenarios offer a truly integrated service of unparalleled depth and breadth. Members will benefit from access to an extensive data center with projections for demand by sector, subsector, and fuel as well as gas supply, power generation capacity, and commodity prices.
IHS CERA European Energy Scenarios are an important tool for all participants operating in Europe’s energy markets: utilities, energy buyers, financial institutions, government agencies, and service providers. By providing three separate, fully modeled projections to 2035 the service allows organizations to identify risks across a range of possible futures and create successful strategies.
Events of the past few years in the energy industry have demonstrated the impossibility of predicting the future.
Developments such as
- The commercialization of shale gas
- The eurozone economic crisis and the extreme scale and speed of commodity price cycles
- The Gulf of Mexico oil spill and the tsunami and earthquake in Japan
- The rapid increase in Chinese energy demand
- Gas transit concerns in Europe
- The growing plausibility of electric vehicles and the attention on clean energy technology
The IHS CERA European Energy Scenarios Advisory Service provides members with a framework for thinking about the future for Europe and incorporating as many of these uncertainties as possible.
Who uses the service? How?
All participants operating in the European energy markets, including
- End users
- Financial institutions
- Service providers
To create winning business models within a scenario framework
To determine which key projects to finance, considering the risks and opportunities
To consider strategic questions, such as how the future fuel mix will developTo readily access supply, demand, price history and projections across all fuels
The European Energy Scenarios service provides members with
- Outlooks framed by IHS CERA’s integrated European gas and power scenarios
- Discussion of key issues and risks facing the European energy sector
- Extensive modelling results including the total primary energy demand and fuel mix projections; demand by sector: industrial, domestic, transport, and transformation; associated CO2 emissions
- A description of the demand and supply projections and their drivers
- Discussion of the policy framework and market structure implications
- Regular updates on how recent events will impact the European energy sector in the long term
The deliverables are supported by an annual half-day workshop with IHS CERA European Research team.
For more information,
+1 800 447-2273
Europe, Middle East & Africa
+44 (0) 1344 328 300
+44 (0) 1344 328 300