Powertrain and Alternative Propulsion
IHS Automotive undertakes original research and analyses currently-available powertrains and future propulsion technologies. From weekly newsletters to model-level powertrain forecasts and in-depth market studies, our team of experts will keep you informed about this ever-evolving industry.
Light Vehicle Engine and Transmission Forecasts
Rapidly changing market trends, powerful technology innovations, and intense competition make keeping up with the global powertrain market no small challenge. IHS Automotive Light Vehicle Engine and Transmission Forecasts provide the industry’s most comprehensive coverage of currently available and future powertrains.
Providing complete technical and geographic coverage, our Light Vehicle Engine and Transmission Forecasts are powerful tools for analysing production by platform, model, plant and vehicle installation. Specifically, they include:
- Standard forecast over 8-year horizon (current plus 7)
- 10 years of historical data
- Written engine/transmission platform/programme analysis
- Global coverage across 50-plus countries
- Model cycle plan start/end of production timing
- Over 40 engine and transmission technical attributes
- Monthly forecast updates
- Detailed forecasts of engine and transmission production
- Optional 12-year extension module available
IHS Automotive Light Vehicle Engine and Transmission Forecasts are available separately or together and can also be combined with our Alternative Propulsion Forecast, Driveline Module, or Component Supply Forecasts to enable seamless analysis across all powertrain systems. A 12-Year Extension Module is also available.
IHS Automotive Light Vehicle Engine and Transmission Forecasts are updated monthly. Data are delivered in quarterly buckets.