Spatial Layers (US)
A picture is worth a thousand words, and it could be worth exponentially more in revenue - which is why maps have long served as the cornerstone for E&P strategic planning. IHS Spatial Layers (US) helps you visualize and analyze US oil and gas data via the mapping and GIS software you use daily.
Spatial Layers (US) contains data on US oil and gas wells, production entities, basins, or fields in a format (ArcSDE) geared to the GIS end user in the oil and gas industry.
Subscribers can use PETRA®, ESRI ArcMap, ArcGIS, ArcIMS or internal software to tap into the Spatial Layers database to map and conduct detailed analyses of their E&P projects. IHS can also customize spatial layers for clients by integrating their data with Spatial Layer Manager.
Delivered via cd/dvd or accessible through IHS Enerdeq®, Spatial Layers (US) contains both enhanced and base layers of oil and gas data, enabling you to find every single formation and producer within a field at the click of your mouse.
Who uses the service? How?
- GIS Manager
- Data Manager
- Engineering technicians
- To create a visual display of oil and gas data
- To perform "what if" scenarios by integrating geographically related information
- To integrate numerous data sources into a single digital map or filter data for migration to other applications, including exporting it in XML format
- To detect patterns and trends in information that otherwise might be missed
- To quickly tap into rich attribute sets to conduct detailed data analysis
- To create map-based information previously available as Oracle tables
- To reduce or eliminate the costly development and maintenance of in-house spatial layers
IHS Spatial Layers (US) enables you to:
- Free up internal resources to focus on analyzing rather than locating the data
- Discover trends or areas yet to be exploited that might not pop out from just reading the data
- Monitor competitor activity
- Develop detailed service plans
- Evaluate market share and sales performance
- Determine staffing and material needs
Europe & Middle East
+44 (0) 1344 328 155
China & Taiwan:
+86 10 65052966
813 5791 9661
All other countries:
+65 6576 5334
+1 888 738-7265 opt 1
+1 918 971-7071 opt 1
For answers to your
questions or for