IHS Fairplay Classification and Statutory Surveys Handbook
IHS Fairplay Classification and Statutory Surveys Handbook is a must-have reference for any professional in the maritime industry. From superintendent to students, readers will appreciate the over 200 pages of easily digestible explanations of the classification process and the major international maritime laws. The handbook also features the most comprehensive guide to available surveys.
IHS Fairplay Classification and Statutory Surveys Handbook is an essential reference for any professional in the marine industry. Written by the classification experts of Lloyd's Register, this handbook explains the how and why of classification in an easy-to-read and absorbing style. Readers learn not only about the Classification Society's role in classifying ships and certifying statutory compliance, they also receive an overview of the major maritime laws themselves. The handbook describes in simple, logical fashion the links and differences between Class, SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW, ISM and ISPS.
IHS Fairplay Classification and Statutory Surveys Handbook key features include:
- Over 200 pages of interesting text, photographs, diagrams and flow charts
- The most comprehensive guide to surveys available
- The latest changes in International Maritime legislation
- Checklists and forms
Who uses the service? How?
- Ship Owners
- Ship Officers
- Ship Repairers
To understand how the classification process works
To learn about the major international maritime laws, including recent changes
To grasp the role of various maritime institutions
To read available maritime surveys
IHS Fairplay Classification and Statutory Surveys Handbook enables you to:
- Understand the details of the classification process
- Learn the major international maritime laws governing vessels and keep abreast of any statutory changes
- Access numerous maritime surveys
- Consult checklists for various vessel operations and procedures